There are variants of treatment which one can opt for. There are factors which need to be taken into consideration while opting for the option. It depends on the physical condition of the patient, his affordability, his mobility and last but not the least the suggestion of the patient’s treating nephrologist. The option which matches one’s lifestyle is the one which is to be chosen.
- Receive your care in one of our clean, friendly dialysis centers.
- Your treatments will be provided by our certified caregivers.
- Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow patients.
- A surgeon implants one healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor.
- After a transplant, you will need daily medication to suppress your immune system.
- You can be placed on the kidney transplant list or find a living donor before you start dialysis.
Home Hemodialysis (HHD)
- You can dialyze on your schedule—morning, noon or at night, up to 3-4 times per week.
- Facilitates better blood pressure control, a shorter recovery time after treatments,improved sleep and higher energy levels.
- Feel well enough and have a treatment schedule that helps you keep your job.
- Run your own treatments without the need to have a machine in your home.
- DaVita® health care team is there to help you when you need assistance.
- You can choose the tasks you want to perform on your own.